Thursday, June 25, 2015

Happy 2nd Birthday Hudson


If this is your first time to visit our blog thank you for taking time to check it out.  I started this blog when I was pregnant with our first and only child.  We found out at 20 weeks that our son Hudson would be born with a complex congenital heart defect called hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS), which meant he would be born with only half of a functioning heart.  The truth is we never knew if we would ever bring our baby home or if he would survive the first of the 3 operations that were required to give him a chance at life.  There were some very close calls early on, but Hudson did survive.  In fact he just didn’t survive, Hudson thrived.

Hudson was a miracle from the very beginning.  This beautiful child with half of a heart changed my life forever and the lives of so many others.  Hudson was so full of joy.  He really loved life and made the most of every moment.  Unless you saw the scar that ran down the front of his chest, you would never have known that anything was wrong.  Hudson was full of energy and he loved to dance, sing, and play all the time.

A few weeks ago my life changed forever.  My precious baby boy passed away unexpectedly in the arms of his earthly father and went straight into the arms of his heavenly father.  We miss Hudson every moment, but this life is not the end.  We will be reunited again with our son in Heaven.  Today is Hudson’s 2nd birthday.  We wanted to do something special to honor him and we thought starting an annual tradition of Hudson’s Day of Kindness would make our sweet boy proud.

I hope if you received a card today and someone was kind to you that you would consider passing it on.  I also hope you know that you are loved by a Savior that died on a cross so that he could have a relationship with you.  We hope that Hudson’s legacy will be one of remembering what’s important both in this life and our eternal life.  We know that Hudson is celebrating his 2nd birthday this year with Jesus.  While we wish Hudson was here with us, we know that his heart has been healed and he is with the only one that loves him more than we can. 


Happy 2nd birthday my precious son.  
I love you forever and can’t wait until I can hold you in my arms again!


Link to Hudson's Day of Kindness Cards:

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to this sweet angel. I passed my card along at Starbucks this morning. You all are doing a wonderful thing by honoring your son this way. God bless you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday sweet angel. I passed along kindness today in memory of Hudson. May he rest in peace and you all be reunited again. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete