Monday, June 1, 2015

There's No Place Like Home

On Saturday morning Hudson went to his eternal home in Heaven.  It was as much of a shock to us as to everyone else.  He had been a little under the weather with a minor ear infection, but nothing serious.  In fact Hudson has been doing great for quite a while now.  His last cardiologist appointment in February couldn't have gone any better and we had seen our pediatrician this past week.  

Hudson passed away instantaneously in the arms of his daddy most likely from a cardiac arrhythmia. He didn't suffer and left this world in the arms of his Earthly father and then went straight into the arms of his Heavenly father.  We are devastated of course and feel like our hearts are broken in a way that will never be healed until we see him again.  We are taking this journey one step at a time and find great peace in knowing he is in Heaven with a perfect heart and that we will see him again.

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."    Psalm 73:26



We would love to have anyone join us for a service to remember Hudson's beautiful life.

Memorial Service:
Wednesday June 3, 2015 @ 1:00 PM
Church of the Highlands Chapel
5901 Overton Road Birmingham, AL  35210



8 comments:

  1. Beautifully said Brittain. I admire your courage and strength during such a tough time. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you and your family in my prayers!!! Believing that God will give you all supernatural strength and comfort during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittain and Jamey, there are no words to express how sorry I am about your loss. Hudson holds a very special place in my heart and I am so thankful that, through this journey, I was able to get to know him and y'all. I am praying for strength and comfort for your family during this difficult time. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thankful he was being held at that moment. What a precious life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such words of strength. Prayers for your family. May you feel the Lord's love, peace and comfort during your grief.

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless all of you during this time and the times ahead of you! Praying for God's love to be spread through your precious son's short but awesome little life story! He lives in the hearts of many!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your friends at Brookwood are lifting up you and Jamey in prayer continually. We love you and are so sorry for your loss. May the peace of God surround you today and everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending prayers and big hugs! Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. ~Amy Twilley

    ReplyDelete