Monday, June 15, 2015

Hudson's Day of Kindness


On Wednesday, June 3rd we had the most beautiful memorial service to honor the incredible life of our precious son Hudson.  Hudson spent 23 months and 5 days on this Earth before going to his eternal home in Heaven.  On June 25th, Hudson would have been 2 years old.  We want to start an annual tradition of a day to remember Hudson with random acts of kindness to celebrate his birthday.  We are asking anyone, anywhere to join with us in keeping Hudson’s legacy alive.  I have attached a PDF with Hudson’s Day of Kindness cards front and back so that anyone can print them out.  There are 4 cards to a page and the back of the cards is in the link as a second page but you can just turn the paper around in the printer to print the back.  Please feel free to pass out as many as you would like on June 25th while performing random acts of kindness.  Thank you in advance for helping us celebrate our sweet son’s birthday while being kind to others.

If anyone is interested in making a donation to help fund life-saving research for other children born with congenital heart defects (CHDs), you can make a donation to Children’s Hospital of Alabama in memory of Hudson Simmons.  If you specify Hudson's name, 100% of the proceeds will go to CHD research.  Donations can be made online at childrensal.org or by mail to the following address: 

Attn: Peggy Darby
Children's of Alabama Foundation
1600 7th Ave South
Birmingham, AL  35233


Link to Hudson's Day of Kindness Cards:




5 comments:

  1. what a day on June 25th 2015. Today at the Jiffy Lube oil change place in Slidell La. when I was leaving, I paid for the suburban in the pit behind me. He seemed sparkiling happy when he reailized what I was doing. He read all about Hudson with a flyer I created and and eplained it to his daughter who appeared to be about 7 years old. I was a great teaching moment for him and her. He said he was going to pay it forward to someone else and seemed excited to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At TCBY Today a young couple with the wife appearing ready to deliver soon I picked up the cost of their yogurt treats. THey were beaming happy about it, and kept telling me I'm nice to which i explained you don't understand . Plese read this, and I gave them the Hudson flyer I made that includes his picture and story. They began discussing ways to pass it on and I left them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At smoothie King a tall kid ( 6 ft. 6 or greater) came behind me and ordered When i was paying for mine I paid for his and handed him the Hudson flyer. He thought it was a trick but quickly becam thankful and happy. He went to read the flyer to the others in the van. He told me he was ready to pass on a good deed.

    At Chick Fil A I paid for the car behiund me and all the young people inside got excited and were procalaiming to each other " I love it when this happens" The whole place got happy. When I was driving off I saw them handing the other car the Hudson's Day Of Kindness flyer. God bless Hudson for making so many happy today especially me
    .

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was raining at Target. An older lady was trying to unload her groceries into trunk. She didn't have an umbrella but a bag on her head to protect her hair. I walked over and held my umbrella over her while she finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were at Buffalo Wild Wings last night and a waitress came over and explained that our meal would be provided by an anonymous person in the restaurant. We were surprised to say the least. She handed us the card and explained a little about the day of kindness. Needless to say, we were floored. It's so wonderful that someone would do a kind gesture for someone they never met. Hopefully the people we passed it on to will keep the chain alive.

    ReplyDelete