Saturday, June 25, 2016

Choosing Triumph Over Tragedy



If this is your first time reading this blog, I hope it is because someone passed along some kindness to you in memory of my son Hudson.  Today is Hudson’s birthday and he would have been 3 years old.  Hudson’s story started quite some time ago.  After years of infertility we finally got pregnant with our incredible son.  At 20 weeks pregnant, I found out my son had a congenital heart defect called Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) which means he would be born with only half of a functioning heart.  At the time it was very difficult to explain the situation repeatedly, so my husband and I decided to start this blog to keep family and friends updated on Hudson’s life.  We weren’t sure if we would ever bring our son home from the hospital or what his future would hold, but we knew that God would be triumphant in his life regardless, and so we called the blog Choosing Triumph Over Tragedy.

Fast forward several months and our son not only survived his first 2 open-heart surgeries, but he thrived.  This incredible little boy was full of life; always smiling, constantly on the move, and never letting his circumstances define him.  Hudson loved animals, trains, reading, and nonstop playing.  Hudson was beautiful inside and out and he brought so much joy to our lives.

After 23 amazing months, Hudson’s life was unexpectedly cut short due to a complication from his heart defect.  I know my son is in Heaven and that one day we will be together again.  In this broken world it's easy to lose hope, but if you are reading this I think Hudson would want you to know how much Jesus loves you.  There is nothing that will ever cause him to stop loving or relentlessly pursuing you.  There is no pit in life that God’s love is not deeper.  As much as I love my son, I know that he is in the arms of the only one that could love him more than me.

Happy Birthday Hudson!  We love you forever!



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Brittain. God is still writing your family's story! Because you are truly choosing triumph over tragedy I know BIG Kingdom changes are happening. Your faithfulness has changed me. Hudson's smile has changed me. Simply because I can see Jesus in both. The kids and I are about to head out and spread kindness in celebration of precious Hudson's life and we are also going to be praying specifically for you and Jamey's hearts - every day is hard, but these milestones are even harder. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a great herbal doctor who cured me of Hepatitis B. his name is Dr. Imoloa. I suffered Hepatitis B for 11 years, I was very weak with pains all over my body my stomach was swollen and I could hardly eat. And one day my brother came with a herbal medicine from doctor Imoloa and asked me to drink and I drank hence there was no hope, and behold after 2 week of taking the medicine, I started feeling relief, my swollen stomach started shrinking down and the pains was gone. I became normal after the completion of the medication, I went to the hospital and I was tested negative which means I’m cured. He can also cure the following diseases with his herbal medicine...lupus, hay fever, dry cough, diabetics hepatitis A.B.C, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, diarrhoea, liver/kidney inflammatory, eye cancer, skin cancer disease, malaria, chronic kidney disease, food poisoning, parkinson disease, bowel cancer, bone cancer, brain tumours, asthma, arthritis, epilepsy, cystic fibrosis, lyme disease, muscle aches, fatigue, alzhemer's disease, acute myeloid leukaemia, acute pancreatitis, chronic inflammatory joint disease, Addison's disease back acne, breast cancer, allergic bronchitis, Celia disease, bulimia, congenital heart disease, cirrhosis, constipation, fungal nail infection, fabromyalgia, (love spell) and many more. he is a great herbalist man. Contact him on email; drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. You can also reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete