Monday, June 20, 2016

Why I Hope You Never Stop Saying His Name

Maybe one of the most precious gifts you can give a bereaved parent is to say their child’s name.  When a loved one passes away, there is initially such a huge outpouring of support.  Understandably as time goes on, people go back to their normal lives.  We however will never be able to go back to our old normal again.  Life will never be the same and a big piece of our hearts died that day too.  When Hudson passed away, I had this intense desire to keep his memory alive.  One of my biggest fears was that people would forget about this incredible little boy that changed my life forever.  Probably many people feel this way after losing a loved one, but I can’t help but think the feeling is amplified when it is a child.  Hudson didn’t have a lifetime to make memories and form relationships; he had 23 months.

Death is an uncomfortable topic and people always wonder what to say and what not to, and many times just choose to not say anything.  I understand and probably used to do the same thing.  Now on the other side I can say my heart beams when someone mentions Hudson.  I might tear up when you talk about him, but it is only because I miss so much and not because you made me upset.  He is always on my mind whether you say anything or not.  Please don’t feel bad if I cry when you talk about him because I am so glad that you did.  It reminds me that we are not the only ones that loved Hudson and miss him.  You see I may cry when you talk about him, but it breaks my heart when you don’t.

When I hear you say his name or share a story about Hudson it gives me so much joy.  A couple of months after Hudson passed, one of my friends sent me some pictures of Hudson at her daughter’s birthday party.  What a treasure!  I was unable to go to the party because of work so my husband had taken him.  She gave me the gift of a new memory of my son that day and I couldn’t be more grateful.  It is also so wonderful when people share a special memory they have of Hudson or even say they think of him.

Hudson’s 3rd birthday is coming up and we would like to ask you to participate in the second annual Hudson’s Day of Kindness on June 25th.  Please help us keep our son’s memory alive by performing a random act of kindness on his birthday.  I have attached a PDF that has cards that tell a little about Hudson and can be printed and passed out while performing an act of kindness.  Thank you in advance for participating!

Please remember Hudson and please never stop saying his name.






4 comments:

  1. Hudson was such a gift to all who knew him! I believe he was our angel on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking about and praying for all of y'all. Sending our love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending love ����

    ReplyDelete